Hi Jackson (Ignore this if this is a repeat …
Comment posted Thomas-Malabar Connection & The Jewish Heritage, A Biblical & Analytical Approach by Cyril Abraham.
(Ignore this if this is a repeat entry). I had posted one a little while ago but am unsure if it went through.
I wish to bring you the following DNA results obtained through National Geographic’s Genographic Project in March 2008.
Name: Cyril Abraham/House name: Thathamkulam/From: Neezhoor, Kottayam (Knananite)
Y-chromosome confirms that I belong to : Haplogroup J2 (M172)
An accompanying note states:
The M172 marker defines a major subset of haplogroup J, which arose from the M89 lineage. It is found today in North Africa, the Middle East, and southern Europe. In southern Italy it occurs at frequencies of 20%; in southern Spain 10% of the population carries this marker. Both haplogroup J and its subgroup J2 are found at a combined frequency of around 30% amongst Jewish individuals.
Re my genetic journey, the report reads:
Your ancestors left a physical footprint that matches their genetic journey. Artifacts from ancient towns such as Jericho, also known as Tell el-Sultan, a site close to present day Jerusalem, provide evidence of permanent human settlements to around 8500 BC. The sites also suggest the transition from hunder-gatherer to settled life occurred relatively suddenly.
(A map provided with the report traces the start of the journey from mid-eastern part of Africa, with the title “Eurasian Adam: 31,000-79,000 years ago”)
Feel free to use my data if it can be meaningful for your insightful discussions and evaluations.
Related NSC Network Articles
- Letters of St. Thomas the Apostle to Edessa from India
- Mission of Pantaenus in India and Saint Bartholomew, the Apostle in India
- Some of the traditions and rituals among the Syrian Christians of Kerala
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
- Surviving MSS- Old Testament Manuscripts, Psalms and New Testament Manuscripts of Christians of Saint Thomas
- Palm Sunday ( Kuruthola Perunnal), Maundy Thursday( Pesaha), Good Friday (Dukha Velli) and Easter among Saint Thomas Christians of India
- ‘St. Thomas Christians and Nambudiris, Jews and Sangam Literature – A Historical Appraisal’, Bosco Puthur (Editor)
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar