Dear Prakash, I have only one child but to …
Comment posted Population Statistics and Demography of Saint Thomas Christians, Churches with historical references by George Mathew.
I have only one child but to my son I have told him to have as many children as possible. I see your point but I am also very well aware of a spiritual/Christian side to this issue.
Remember, we Christians are not part of this world (I know I sound very impractical). If our faith is geniune we will not look to our population for strength. Our forefather King David took a census of his people and Yahoweh did not like that.
Thousand and thousand of Israelites died because David subconsciously relied on his countrymens’s numerical strength and not on God’s strength. Our strength and protection should be on God and not on numerical strength. What David did was something which every king would do, yet God did not approve of David’s conduct. Please try to read about this in the Bible.
Related NSC Network Articles
- Sixteenth Century Churches – Churches belonging to Catholics and Syriac Orthodox ( 1818 AD-Statistics)
- Ancient Churches with traditional dates of foundation & Stone Crosses of Kerala- Saint Thomas Cross, Nazraney Sthambams and other Persian Crosses
- ‘The Syrian Christians of Kerala, Demographic and Socio-Economic Transition In The Twentieth Century’ by K. C. Zachariah
- Surviving MSS- Old Testament Manuscripts, Psalms and New Testament Manuscripts of Christians of Saint Thomas
- SRITE- Project for Preserving the Manuscripts of the Syrian Christians in India
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
- Palm Sunday ( Kuruthola Perunnal), Maundy Thursday( Pesaha), Good Friday (Dukha Velli) and Easter among Saint Thomas Christians of India
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar