Dear Mathew, ‘Pursue of intellectual interests’. Most of our educated …
Comment posted Population Statistics and Demography of Saint Thomas Christians, Churches with historical references by George Mathew.
‘Pursue of intellectual interests’.
Most of our educated people who come to Canada do ‘Security Work’ or work in Wal-Mart or do some junior Accounting work. Doctors from India are working as sales people in Sears. Very very few of us get a chance to pursue our interests. Very very few. A freind who has been in Canada for about 20 years says that ‘Only the worthless from India will come to Canada’.
Please admit the fact that you are being discriminated in Canada. You do not stand a chance of being a leader in Canada. will accept you, not because your skin is black or brown but because you are not Canadin enough. If you talk about your ‘great Syrian Christian heritage in Canada, your employer or colleauges will only mark you down as the next casualty to go out of the company’. They want Canadians and not Malabaris.
I am now nearly two years in Canada and I am yet to see an Indian in a leadership role. Please tell me that I am wrong.
On of the painful scenes I have seen in Canada was a Iyer Brahmin Engineer from Chennai who came to Canada on a Job Visa. He cursed all the Indians in Canada for misinforming all in India that Canada is the land of dreams. HIs main point was ‘These Indian ?#$%^* do low status jobs here and report back to India that they are heading departments or companies etc.. and me a fool believed all this and now I find myself ruled and kicked about by Canadian women in my office.
Canada is indeed a land of ‘Law and order’ but there is a low glass ceiling above which you or me cannot cross. This is as far as your ‘Pursuit of Intellectual Interests’ go. I totally disagree with your view on this. Please do not point out Codolisa Rice or Collin Powell.
A PhD in human phsyciology from Kerala Univiersity is now doing almost janatorial work or low sales work in a supermarket here. Some of the Canadian girls who work with her can not even spell in English which is their mother tounge.
Related NSC Network Articles
- Sixteenth Century Churches – Churches belonging to Catholics and Syriac Orthodox ( 1818 AD-Statistics)
- Ancient Churches with traditional dates of foundation & Stone Crosses of Kerala- Saint Thomas Cross, Nazraney Sthambams and other Persian Crosses
- ‘The Syrian Christians of Kerala, Demographic and Socio-Economic Transition In The Twentieth Century’ by K. C. Zachariah
- Surviving MSS- Old Testament Manuscripts, Psalms and New Testament Manuscripts of Christians of Saint Thomas
- SRITE- Project for Preserving the Manuscripts of the Syrian Christians in India
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
- Palm Sunday ( Kuruthola Perunnal), Maundy Thursday( Pesaha), Good Friday (Dukha Velli) and Easter among Saint Thomas Christians of India
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar