Dear George, I really can’t decipher what you are …
Comment posted Population Statistics and Demography of Saint Thomas Christians, Churches with historical references by John Mathew.
I really can’t decipher what you are saying. (This business about top hats, umbrellas, and tattoos means exactly what?)
People focus on the important things … living and creating a future. Looking back on stuff in the past is interesting … but ultimately of no use. Our ancestors modified their ancestors way of life, just as we modify our ancestors way of life. No one stays true to the old — because there’s no use in staying true to the old.
I’m interested in Nasrani history because the story is interesting. But there is no way in hell that I want to life as my ancestors did! And if I feel like I want 10 tattoos I will get them — who cares? I’m sure my ancestors probably made “rebellious” choices themselves.
“Our Schooling in India is much better than any where in the world for school children”
Yeah right, whatever. Ridiculous! As is the delusional comment on home schooling …
Related NSC Network Articles
- Sixteenth Century Churches – Churches belonging to Catholics and Syriac Orthodox ( 1818 AD-Statistics)
- Ancient Churches with traditional dates of foundation & Stone Crosses of Kerala- Saint Thomas Cross, Nazraney Sthambams and other Persian Crosses
- ‘The Syrian Christians of Kerala, Demographic and Socio-Economic Transition In The Twentieth Century’ by K. C. Zachariah
- Surviving MSS- Old Testament Manuscripts, Psalms and New Testament Manuscripts of Christians of Saint Thomas
- SRITE- Project for Preserving the Manuscripts of the Syrian Christians in India
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
- Palm Sunday ( Kuruthola Perunnal), Maundy Thursday( Pesaha), Good Friday (Dukha Velli) and Easter among Saint Thomas Christians of India
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar