Tarsa/Tarisa pally (Kollam): Does any one know where, relative …
Comment posted General Discussion by John Mathew.
Tarsa/Tarisa pally (Kollam):
Does any one know where, relative to modern Kollam, the ancient “Tarsa”/”Tarisa” Pally is reported to have stood?
I’m planning a trip back home and I thought I’d do some snooping around Kollam, however, I have no clue where to drive to even begin searching.
Does anyone have any stories from their grandparents that may provide a clue?
I’ll send any pictures to Admin, if I find anything interesting.
Related NSC Network Articles
- ‘The Syrian Christians of Kerala, Demographic and Socio-Economic Transition In The Twentieth Century’ by K. C. Zachariah
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopedia of India’- Volume I -Prof. George Menachery
- ‘Glimpses of Nazraney Heritage’ by Prof George Menachery
- “Christianity in India- a History in ecumenical perspective” by HC Perumalil and ER Hambye
- Arrival of Thomas of Cana ( Bishop Thomas of Cana ?), History and references about Southist Community (Thekkumbhagar – Knanaya )
- ‘The Thomas Christians’ by Placid Podipara
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar