Hmmm, “Documents can be manipulated and can be later …
Comment posted The Heathen and the Syrian – Syrian Christian Ritual and Tradition pre 1599 A.D. by M Thomas Antony.
“Documents can be manipulated and can be later additions” !
“Inscriptions can be fabricated and forged at a later stage” !
Now, what would constitute an evidence ?
The counter arguments and documents can also be viewed with the same eye.
Prejudice is not good for studying and analysing history.
If Villarvattom Kingdom did not exist, that doesn’t matter for the Syrian Christians. Nobody has claimed that Villarvattom was a great Kingdom extends over the whole of Kerala.
Related NSC Network Articles
- ‘The Syrian Christians of Kerala, Demographic and Socio-Economic Transition In The Twentieth Century’ by K. C. Zachariah
- Some of the traditions and rituals among the Syrian Christians of Kerala
- Margam Kali – History, Theme, Early References and Modern Developments
- Focus I- Ramapuram twin churches, Role, History & Rituals
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
- Names, Middle Names and Last Names among the Syrian Christians
- Palm Sunday ( Kuruthola Perunnal), Maundy Thursday( Pesaha), Good Friday (Dukha Velli) and Easter among Saint Thomas Christians of India
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar