Ive come across some reports of some Nasranis …
Comment posted Margam Kali – History, Theme, Early References and Modern Developments by Anoop.
Ive come across some reports of some Nasranis converting to Islam.Although its ok to exercise their freedom ,I think that theres something rotting underneath our churches.People get disconcerted with the politics in our churches.When I think about Christianity in the middleeast ,its almost wiped off because the churches cant keep a united face,hence most of them lost their right to exist.The same symptoms occur in Kerala.Our laity must be educated and also the fact that the Bible is not God written but God inspired must be spread.This will help them understand some contradictions.Maybe I have an inner hatred to Islam,but that comes out of open minded observation of their beliefs and activities in Delhi. Plus I see that the Nasranis who get into pentecostalism get into so because of the vacuum that our churches dont fill.In such a scenario,its very easy to convert a person filled with doubts who then rushes to the first person who gives them an answer.This vacuum is slowly being filled by people propagating Islam through Tableeghi Jamaat and so.
Dont get me wrong here,i am not against propagating ones faith but the the entire truth of the religions should be told.Islam would hence be at a disadvantage if our people were given a idea of its origin and its founders activities.
Related NSC Network Articles
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
- Mission of Pantaenus in India and Saint Bartholomew, the Apostle in India
- “Kerala, the Cradle of Christianity in South Asia”-a DVD Documentary on the cultural interface of religion and music- An eye opener to the Religio cultural identity of the St. Thomas Christians in Kerala.
- “The Arrival of the Portuguese in India and the Thomas Christians under Mar Jacob 1498-1552” by Dr. Mathias Mundadan
- ‘The Indian Christians of St. Thomas’ by Dr. Leslie Brown
- Palm Sunday ( Kuruthola Perunnal), Maundy Thursday( Pesaha), Good Friday (Dukha Velli) and Easter among Saint Thomas Christians of India
- ‘Origin of Christianity in India’ by Dr.Benedict Vadakkekara
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar