I am having Qambel Maran CD with me …
Comment posted Qambel Maran- Syriac chants from South India- a review and liturgical music tradition of Syriac Christians revisited by cyriac george.
I am having Qambel Maran CD with me from past 2 years.I had great difficulty in getting a copy as it was not available in India.I contacted Fr.joseph palackal cmi who now resides in new york.He told me that a copy will cost Rs.600 in India.Fortunately I got a copy from one of the priest.Since then I used to listen to the chants frequently.
Related NSC Network Articles
- “Kerala, the Cradle of Christianity in South Asia”-a DVD Documentary on the cultural interface of religion and music- An eye opener to the Religio cultural identity of the St. Thomas Christians in Kerala.
- Surviving MSS- Old Testament Manuscripts, Psalms and New Testament Manuscripts of Christians of Saint Thomas
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
- Sixteenth Century Churches – Churches belonging to Catholics and Syriac Orthodox ( 1818 AD-Statistics)
- ‘Origin of Christianity in India’ by Dr.Benedict Vadakkekara
- “The Arrival of the Portuguese in India and the Thomas Christians under Mar Jacob 1498-1552” by Dr. Mathias Mundadan
- ‘The Indian Christians of St. Thomas’ by Dr. Leslie Brown
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar