Dear Admin, Thank you for the comment. I bought …
Comment posted Qambel Maran- Syriac chants from South India- a review and liturgical music tradition of Syriac Christians revisited by M Thomas Antony.
Thank you for the comment. I bought the CD from PAN Records directly. I paid Euros 20/GBP 15( including postage) via paypal and they promptly posted the CD in a few days. They can be contacted via e mail email@example.com and they will advise regarding payment.
The contact e mail for Christian Musicological society is firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be honest, when Bernard Kleikamp of PAN records gave me permission to put 2 clipsin the article for listening, I found it very difficult to choose as all of them were equally good. I think we all should pay thanks to late Fr. Abel for preserving these tunes in our Qurbana when he translated them to Malayalam and Rev. Dr. Palackal for this great work to revive our great tradition.
I think Fr Palackal’s doctoral thesis involved studies about “Octoechoes” of antiochien rite also but as far as I am aware, there is no music CD like Qambel Maran with it.
The CD comes with an informative booklet. The English translation and transliteration of the text is available to download at www.cmsindia.org but it doesn’t open for me probably due to incompatibility of different versions of MS word. Fr. Palackal has kindly sent me a copy of it.
Related NSC Network Articles
- “Kerala, the Cradle of Christianity in South Asia”-a DVD Documentary on the cultural interface of religion and music- An eye opener to the Religio cultural identity of the St. Thomas Christians in Kerala.
- Surviving MSS- Old Testament Manuscripts, Psalms and New Testament Manuscripts of Christians of Saint Thomas
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
- Sixteenth Century Churches – Churches belonging to Catholics and Syriac Orthodox ( 1818 AD-Statistics)
- ‘Origin of Christianity in India’ by Dr.Benedict Vadakkekara
- “The Arrival of the Portuguese in India and the Thomas Christians under Mar Jacob 1498-1552” by Dr. Mathias Mundadan
- ‘The Indian Christians of St. Thomas’ by Dr. Leslie Brown
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar