Dear M Thomas Antony Excellent article on Qambel Maran. …
Dear M Thomas Antony
Excellent article on Qambel Maran. Can you share some options to buy the CD ? Are there any deals or discounts available ?
It’s a great effort from Rev. Dr. Joseph Palackal. Malayalam Qurbana was introduced in Syro Malabar Church in 1962 and in 48 years the old chants were completely forgotten. With out efforts like this, these beautiful chants would have been completely disappeared from scene with out any trace. Most of these chants are new information to me. I just looked for the text of these chants, are they available ? Are you aware of any similar research in Jacobite/ Orthodox churches ?
I really enjoyed listening to the clips of Iso maran msiha and B’had min yawmin. It was a novel idea to include the audio clips for the benefit of all. Influence of inspired poet, St Ephraem is widely visible.
Related NSC Network Articles
- “Kerala, the Cradle of Christianity in South Asia”-a DVD Documentary on the cultural interface of religion and music- An eye opener to the Religio cultural identity of the St. Thomas Christians in Kerala.
- Surviving MSS- Old Testament Manuscripts, Psalms and New Testament Manuscripts of Christians of Saint Thomas
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
- Sixteenth Century Churches – Churches belonging to Catholics and Syriac Orthodox ( 1818 AD-Statistics)
- ‘Origin of Christianity in India’ by Dr.Benedict Vadakkekara
- “The Arrival of the Portuguese in India and the Thomas Christians under Mar Jacob 1498-1552” by Dr. Mathias Mundadan
- ‘The Indian Christians of St. Thomas’ by Dr. Leslie Brown
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar