Dear John Mathew, I found it compelling to comment …
Comment posted Lifestyle of Kerala Syrian Christians by Jackson.
Dear John Mathew,
I found it compelling to comment on one of your statements that “the Jewish Christians having lost the battle to Gentile Christianity”.
The answer is NO and if yes it’s an optical illusion for the physical eyes ! That too is a part of plan of Yahweh wherein Christianity is predominantly consisting of Gentile origins. So the biblical prophecy is been fulfilled and fulfilling that “the ‘rest of the Jews’ shall not believe in the Messiah until and unless the complete number of Gentiles also accept Him” ! Only when the gates start closing for the Gentile ministry and no more of them accept Yeshua as the Universal Messiah then will the time be right for the salvation of the remnant Jews. Remember the verse in the OT that “The sceptre must return to Judah” and all the House of Jacob shall unite, both the House (two sticks) of Joseph and of Judah as One (one Rod) to rule the world, as it was in the time of King David. And that ROD is YESHUA !!!
So it is only that the heart of the Jews is ‘hardened’ and their eyes ‘closed’, as the prophets said, till the salvation reaches the Gentiles also, who are equally entitled for Grace and then the sceptre must return after the mission is complete. Otherwise how else do we see the One God of all Universe do justice even to the non-jews who too are his children ?! It is this way as it is all written …Makhtub !
It is neither a battle nor a war, It is the masterplan of Yahweh thru’ Yeshua, again fulfilling his words in John 4: v 22, which say “For Salvation indeed comes from the Jews” !
So if anyone sees that Hebraic Christianity has ‘lost’ to Gentile Christianity it is because God has destined so and that too for an appointed time only as per his plan ! The Mother is been ‘silenced’ for the prosperity of Her Daughter after which the latter will be restored under the true guidance of the former so that no one boasts of his or her own merits ! How wonderful a plan to show once again that Israel is indeed the First born of Yahweh and shall never be abandoned to Hades ! And the Hebrew Christian will be tested far greater than the Gentile believer because what must remain should be purer than fine gold !!
Related NSC Network Articles
- Some of the traditions and rituals among the Syrian Christians of Kerala
- ‘The Syrian Christians of Kerala, Demographic and Socio-Economic Transition In The Twentieth Century’ by K. C. Zachariah
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
- Names, Middle Names and Last Names among the Syrian Christians
- ‘The Indian Christians of St. Thomas’ by Dr. Leslie Brown
- A Syrian Christian Family Portrait – Circa 1620 A.D.
- ‘St. Thomas Christians and Nambudiris, Jews and Sangam Literature – A Historical Appraisal’, Bosco Puthur (Editor)
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar