In 1989,there was an incident a Cross was …
Comment posted Lifestyle of Kerala Syrian Christians by Anoop.
In 1989,there was an incident a Cross was found near Sabarimala.Many started claiming it as one of the 7.5 churches.This led to demand by the Christians stating that they wish to start a church reestablish the church there.A commotion ensued people being divided on religious faultlines.
Later as per web reports the Cross mysteriously disappeared.
Does anybody recount the incident and the whereabouts of the cross.
Somebody said the symbol of the cross came much later,so if St Thomas didnt use the cross to establish the church,with what proof can we say that it belongs to the 7.5 churches.
Related NSC Network Articles
- Some of the traditions and rituals among the Syrian Christians of Kerala
- ‘The Syrian Christians of Kerala, Demographic and Socio-Economic Transition In The Twentieth Century’ by K. C. Zachariah
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
- Names, Middle Names and Last Names among the Syrian Christians
- ‘The Indian Christians of St. Thomas’ by Dr. Leslie Brown
- A Syrian Christian Family Portrait – Circa 1620 A.D.
- ‘St. Thomas Christians and Nambudiris, Jews and Sangam Literature – A Historical Appraisal’, Bosco Puthur (Editor)
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar