Dear John Mathew, Regarding your opinion that there …
Comment posted Thomas-Malabar Connection & The Jewish Heritage, A Biblical & Analytical Approach by George Mathew.
Dear John Mathew,
Regarding your opinion that there is yet to be a scholarly research done on this Hebrew matter. Well! I am not sure of this. I think Prof. T.V. Phllip has done so and he points to a Hebrew heritage (suggest you confirm this, the Prof. was teaching Theology at Banglore and I think he is a Marthomite. Further Prof. Nathan Katz has also confirmed about our Hebrew heriatge. Repeating again, Prof. Katz is himself a Jew and is an authority on South Asias Jews.
I have put a copy of his letter to me confirming the Hebrew heritage either in this article or the last one.
Trust you have also read the pervious article. That also had lots of comments.
Further, when we comment on these pages, we do not mean to be scholarly. Often we brain storm as someone here pointed out.
Like how Darth Vader told his son Luke Skywalker ‘…..search your heart and you will know I am your father…’.
Similarly you search your heart and you will find the Hebrew is our Nasrani father. The mosaic pieces will fall into place and form a Hebrew image.
Those who have eyes to see will see….
Related NSC Network Articles
- Letters of St. Thomas the Apostle to Edessa from India
- Mission of Pantaenus in India and Saint Bartholomew, the Apostle in India
- Some of the traditions and rituals among the Syrian Christians of Kerala
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
- Surviving MSS- Old Testament Manuscripts, Psalms and New Testament Manuscripts of Christians of Saint Thomas
- Palm Sunday ( Kuruthola Perunnal), Maundy Thursday( Pesaha), Good Friday (Dukha Velli) and Easter among Saint Thomas Christians of India
- ‘St. Thomas Christians and Nambudiris, Jews and Sangam Literature – A Historical Appraisal’, Bosco Puthur (Editor)
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar