Dear George, On Kosher wine to be used at …
Comment posted Thomas-Malabar Connection & The Jewish Heritage, A Biblical & Analytical Approach by Jackson.
On Kosher wine to be used at the Qurbana or the Eucharist/Blessing…….
Well we may use Kosher (meaning ‘Halal’ or ‘allowed’; opposite is ‘Haram’ or ‘non-Kosher’ or ‘forbidden’). But before that tell us (or me) one thing whether we use Kosher or non-kosher wine, isn’t it spiritually irrelevant ? How ?
The wine after the blessing turns into the very sanctifying Blood of Yeshua, the Paschal Lamb. So it’s the greatest miracle happening on the altar and in our lives. So after it is made the blood of Christ by the Holy Spirit (Ruah ha’Kodesh), does it still matter whether it is Kosher Blood or non-Kosher Blood of Christ ? Is there anything like this then ? And that Blood which sanctifies and purifies even the most darkest crimson sin of any believing man, does that blood still need to be of Kosher origin wine ! Again I’m speaking on the spiritual part which is greater than the ritualistic part of any tradition be it Jewish or Gentile in origin.
I don’t feel the Kosher laws hold true here because Christ himself is the sanctifier and the origin here, who is beyond Kosher and non-Kosher and all such human traditions !
(Other food aspects are another thing)
Related NSC Network Articles
- Letters of St. Thomas the Apostle to Edessa from India
- Mission of Pantaenus in India and Saint Bartholomew, the Apostle in India
- Some of the traditions and rituals among the Syrian Christians of Kerala
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
- Surviving MSS- Old Testament Manuscripts, Psalms and New Testament Manuscripts of Christians of Saint Thomas
- Palm Sunday ( Kuruthola Perunnal), Maundy Thursday( Pesaha), Good Friday (Dukha Velli) and Easter among Saint Thomas Christians of India
- ‘St. Thomas Christians and Nambudiris, Jews and Sangam Literature – A Historical Appraisal’, Bosco Puthur (Editor)
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar