Dear John, I too read that Grant and Co. …
Comment posted Thomas-Malabar Connection & The Jewish Heritage, A Biblical & Analytical Approach by George Mathew.
I too read that Grant and Co. were naive and this led to a large slaughter of the Nazereans.
I have warned a few Nasranis that if we establish that we are of Hebrew origin and that we originally came from the Middle East down through the centuries, then local ‘fanatics will tell us ‘Go back to Israel or Syria’. Others will lock us by our own admission.
Sometimes, all that is needed is a small spark and in the right conditions things can go aflame.
Related NSC Network Articles
- Letters of St. Thomas the Apostle to Edessa from India
- Mission of Pantaenus in India and Saint Bartholomew, the Apostle in India
- Some of the traditions and rituals among the Syrian Christians of Kerala
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
- Surviving MSS- Old Testament Manuscripts, Psalms and New Testament Manuscripts of Christians of Saint Thomas
- Palm Sunday ( Kuruthola Perunnal), Maundy Thursday( Pesaha), Good Friday (Dukha Velli) and Easter among Saint Thomas Christians of India
- ‘St. Thomas Christians and Nambudiris, Jews and Sangam Literature – A Historical Appraisal’, Bosco Puthur (Editor)
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar