Dear BG, The essence of knowledge is ‘BALANCE’. Sceince …
Comment posted Thomas-Malabar Connection & The Jewish Heritage, A Biblical & Analytical Approach by George Mathew.
The essence of knowledge is ‘BALANCE’. Sceince herself is tricky. She will highly mislead us.
Do not blindly trust science. She will betray. Do not trust legends. Desire wisdom which comes from Yahoweh. A man who has wisdom has scars all over his body. It is those who have a heavy exposure of life that brings out words of wisdom.
It is a paradox but true that the greatest teacher is ‘failure’. We have to put our heads and hearts together and get a better/improved picture of our Nasrani heritage. I am happy with what we already have. But we need more of our heritage. Hope you love our heritage.
In this pragmatic world, our heritage makes sence to me. A church needs two things. One is Fellowship and the other is Witnessing. Heritage will fall under Fellowship. We can not stay at point ‘Heritage/Fellowship’ for too long. We have to disperse/spreadout and Witness and then come back again for Fellowship and recharge batteries. Do you agree?
Related NSC Network Articles
- Letters of St. Thomas the Apostle to Edessa from India
- Mission of Pantaenus in India and Saint Bartholomew, the Apostle in India
- Some of the traditions and rituals among the Syrian Christians of Kerala
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
- Surviving MSS- Old Testament Manuscripts, Psalms and New Testament Manuscripts of Christians of Saint Thomas
- Palm Sunday ( Kuruthola Perunnal), Maundy Thursday( Pesaha), Good Friday (Dukha Velli) and Easter among Saint Thomas Christians of India
- ‘St. Thomas Christians and Nambudiris, Jews and Sangam Literature – A Historical Appraisal’, Bosco Puthur (Editor)
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar