Dear John, I hope it is not a …
Comment posted Thomas-Malabar Connection & The Jewish Heritage, A Biblical & Analytical Approach by George Mathew.
I hope it is not a good bye. I have been continiously thinking about you all this day
Now, I think that when we have the backing of our church and we go forth to save souls, we may still be in our Comfort Zone. It is when we are alone and the call comes to go forth that we don’t have the Comfort Zone.. We are very lonely at this point. Ridicule and not support can be expected from all.
Don’t you find it strange that Thomas the Apostle said to the other disciples ‘…let us go and die with him (Yeshua)….’ but later after the ascension we read in the Acts of Thomas that he told Yeshua ‘Do not sent me to the Indians, sent me anywhere but not to the Indians……’
Regarding the reverene for the saints, I am not much interested in it because I do not want this to be a wedge between me and the Jacobites/Catholics. Every Marthomite has a Jacobite or Orthodox related to him very closely. Either as first cousin or sister’s husband or neice or nephew etc.. So it is absurd to say anything in black and white. It is like the pot calling the kettle black.
We Nasranis should not have any political aims but must come under one spiritual umbrella. God has kept us reasonaly intact for a purpose. If there was no purpose then the word ‘Nasrani’ would not have popped up again after centuries of silence.
Related NSC Network Articles
- Letters of St. Thomas the Apostle to Edessa from India
- Mission of Pantaenus in India and Saint Bartholomew, the Apostle in India
- Some of the traditions and rituals among the Syrian Christians of Kerala
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
- Surviving MSS- Old Testament Manuscripts, Psalms and New Testament Manuscripts of Christians of Saint Thomas
- Palm Sunday ( Kuruthola Perunnal), Maundy Thursday( Pesaha), Good Friday (Dukha Velli) and Easter among Saint Thomas Christians of India
- ‘St. Thomas Christians and Nambudiris, Jews and Sangam Literature – A Historical Appraisal’, Bosco Puthur (Editor)
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar