I am unable to agree to Simal Haneef’s …
Comment posted The Tiger and the Syrian Christians: Tipu Sultan’s ‘Padayottam’ by George Mathew.
I am unable to agree to Simal Haneef’s view that a person like Hyder Ali who went about burning Nasrani churches and killing them can be called ‘…a leader with a vision’.
Hundreds or even thousands of Nasrani families were displaced and many had to flee to the hills of Travancore for safety. The vast majority were reduced to poverty and a once proud people were made to lick the dust of Travancore.
These are all crimes against humanity and should be clearly treated as one.
Related NSC Network Articles
- Raja Thoma Villarvattam – King of the Nasranis
- ‘The Syrian Christians of Kerala, Demographic and Socio-Economic Transition In The Twentieth Century’ by K. C. Zachariah
- ‘The Indian Christians of St. Thomas’ by Dr. Leslie Brown
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
- Population Statistics and Demography of Saint Thomas Christians, Churches with historical references
- Focus I- Ramapuram twin churches, Role, History & Rituals
- A Syrian Christian Family Portrait – Circa 1620 A.D.
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar