RE: Geevergheese ben Mathaiyahu Thats a good decision. I …
Comment posted ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery by varghese mani.
RE: Geevergheese ben Mathaiyahu
Thats a good decision. I am sure you would be ridiculed a lot for this by your foes ( read friends and family).
Very much true. Geevarghese -> George was definitely a socio-political decision that the Nasranis have taken. Yes! it is always good to support the winning team. We are known for our Chamelionism, If we were under the Russian Empire, all of us would have some ‘chov’s ‘kov’ and ‘pov’s attached to our names. (Was it not the Czar who was the most powerful man for a few centuries – British were powerful, but only at the powerless like indians, not like the Ruskis). In a few years there will be many Chans and Chens among Nasranis. I am confident.
Varghese bar Mani
Related NSC Network Articles
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopedia of India’- Volume I -Prof. George Menachery
- ‘St. Thomas Christians and Nambudiris, Jews and Sangam Literature – A Historical Appraisal’, Bosco Puthur (Editor)
- ‘Glimpses of Nazraney Heritage’ by Prof George Menachery
- ‘The Nazranies’ by Prof. George Menanchery
- ‘The Indian Christians of St. Thomas’ by Dr. Leslie Brown
- “Christianity in India- a History in ecumenical perspective” by HC Perumalil and ER Hambye
- ‘The Syrian Christians of Kerala, Demographic and Socio-Economic Transition In The Twentieth Century’ by K. C. Zachariah
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar