Dear George, I have got my friend’s test results …
Comment posted ‘Origin of Christianity in India’ by Dr.Benedict Vadakkekara by Jackson.
I have got my friend’s test results with me in detail as he asked me to have look at it to see for matches and I did the same. He also is in touch with Mr. Jacob. And his results are as I said earlier in brief (R1a with many Levite Jewish matches). His results are far from Indian/Brahmin samples. He got it tested at ‘Genebase’ and he may probably upload/pool them onto the syrian xian database. As of now since he hasn’t yet uploaded it for public display I also cannot do the same to respect his privacy. Once he makes it public then can I do the same. As of now I can just mention his results as I did earlier. Hope you understand this and thanks for your concern.
Regarding the Bene Israelis of Maharashtra, I would like to correct you politely that they are called as ‘Shaniwar Thelis/Telis’ and not ‘Shaniwar wallas’. ‘Teli’ means oil-pressers in local language. And their profession was oil-pressing and the only day they abstained from work was Saturday. hence the name ‘Shaniwar Telis’. The probably one and only Judaic custom they followed was the Sabbath rest on Sat. which led to their community been discovered by the other Jews and they were restored. They were/are perfectly locals in all respects. They never were even aware of their Hebraic heritage till then.
Related NSC Network Articles
- ‘East of the Euphrates- Early Christianity in Asia’ by T.V. Philip
- “Christianity in India- a History in ecumenical perspective” by HC Perumalil and ER Hambye
- Mission of Pantaenus in India and Saint Bartholomew, the Apostle in India
- ‘The Indian Christians of St. Thomas’ by Dr. Leslie Brown
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopedia of India’- Volume I -Prof. George Menachery
- “The Arrival of the Portuguese in India and the Thomas Christians under Mar Jacob 1498-1552” by Dr. Mathias Mundadan
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar