Dear P. J. Thomas, I read your recent post …
Comment posted ‘Origin of Christianity in India’ by Dr.Benedict Vadakkekara by Jackson.
Dear P. J. Thomas,
I read your recent post regarding ur family tree. U have mentioned that your mother’s family is from Thevallakara, Kollam and has Brahmin origin claims. If you understand genetics then you have some work.
There is a DNA sample in the Syrian Christian DNA project of a person called ‘Thomas Thevallakara’ who is tested and confirmed to be of R1a1 haplogroup and has many Levite (priestly) Jewish matches. I don’t know if his ‘Thevallakara’ is his family name or his native place. If you are interested u can search for, if your mother’s family is related to his paternal family or even if they are from the same place ‘Thevallakara’.
U may get some help if you are related or from same native and it will indicate your ‘Brahmin origin’ claim to be nothing else but a Jewish priestly Levite ancestry for your mother’s family. Let me also state that almost all such Brahmin-origin claimers from our community are proving to be Jewish Priestly class people (Cohens or non-cohen Levites) based on their own DNA. Hence thought of providing you some info on above. Get in touch with Mr. Jacob the project administrator on the Syrian Christian DNA project website (below) he will guide you to the other person for contacts with the other person.
Related NSC Network Articles
- ‘East of the Euphrates- Early Christianity in Asia’ by T.V. Philip
- “Christianity in India- a History in ecumenical perspective” by HC Perumalil and ER Hambye
- Mission of Pantaenus in India and Saint Bartholomew, the Apostle in India
- ‘The Indian Christians of St. Thomas’ by Dr. Leslie Brown
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopedia of India’- Volume I -Prof. George Menachery
- “The Arrival of the Portuguese in India and the Thomas Christians under Mar Jacob 1498-1552” by Dr. Mathias Mundadan
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India’- Volume II , Chief Editor Prof.George Menachery
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar