Dear John Mathew Thank you. On further reading in …
Comment posted Mission of Pantaenus in India and Saint Bartholomew, the Apostle in India by George Thomas.
Dear John Mathew
Thank you. On further reading in case of Saint Frumentius, the term India was used vaguely and there are no continuity in traditions with modern India.
There are no local traditions in case of St. Pantaenus and St. Bartholomew.
Related NSC Network Articles
- Letters of St. Thomas the Apostle to Edessa from India
- ‘East of the Euphrates- Early Christianity in Asia’ by T.V. Philip
- ‘Origin of Christianity in India’ by Dr.Benedict Vadakkekara
- “Christianity in India- a History in ecumenical perspective” by HC Perumalil and ER Hambye
- Early references about the Apostolate of Saint Thomas in India, Records about the Indian tradition, Saint Thomas Christians & Statements by Indian Statesmen
- ‘The St. Thomas Christian Encyclopedia of India’- Volume I -Prof. George Menachery
- ‘The Indian Christians of St. Thomas’ by Dr. Leslie Brown
Get NEW Articles by e-mail / Enter your e-mail
Nasrani Syrian Christians NETWORK Snapshot
- Nazrani History and Discourse on Early Nationalism in Varthamanapusthakam
- PESAHA CELEBRATION OF NASRANIS: A SOCIO-CULTURAL ANALYSIS
- Saint Thomas Christians in the Shaping of Modern Kerala
- Ikkako Kathanar -the forgotten martyr
- MS Vatican Syriac 22 & MS Vatican Syriac 17: Syriac Manuscripts copied in South India
- Patriarchate Of India- An Appraisal Of The Evolution Of The Episcopal Hierarchy Among Thomas Christians Of Malabar